The Decision Support Analyst will support other Decision Department team members and coordinate or assist with departmental functions. With supervision and demonstrated ability to learn and understand the nature of health information and its processing, application and impact within the hospital, the Decision Support Analyst may work cooperatively with the clinical team, service departments and business units (e.g. Finance, Health Records, and Human Resources) providing integrated information using core information systems.
• Related undergraduate degree or diploma; a master in health science, health informatics or equivalent an asset.
• Hospital or decision support experience or equivalent
• Strong computer knowledge, proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
• Knowledge of SQL, Crystal Reporting, statistical software, business intelligence software an asset’
• Knowledge of CIHI Data Sets, Case Mix Methodologies, Health System Funding Reform, Case Costing an asset
• Demonstrated strong critical thinking, analytical skills, problem solving skills, mathematical background.
• Must be a “systems” thinker with a broad-based outlook/perspective in health care
• Demonstrated experience in preparation of statistical and performance management reports
• With minimal supervision, demonstrated ability to prioritize work effectively and efficiently, work under pressure and deal with conflicting priorities and deadlines with the highest degree of accuracy, work both independently and as a team player
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, coupled with excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel.
• Demonstrated proven ability to develop & foster positive relationship with data/information stakeholder
• Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional development.