Provides direct care for patients whose conditions are complex and whose outcomes are unpredictable. Promotes collaborative team practice through analysis of outcomes on an ongoing basis. Utilizes evidence-based practice as a base in the promotion of professional accountability. The Registered Nurse acts as a role model and provides consultation and intervention with other members of the health care team. Demonstrates leadership in effective, efficient utilization of resources. Contributes to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
• Current Registration and in good standing with College of Nurses of Ontario
• Successful completion of approved assessment course and approved communication/teaching course
• Demonstrated surgical expertise in Orthopedics, General Surgery and Gynecology nursing
• Demonstrated ability to:
- Manage patient care continuum for an episode of surgical care for all surgical patients
- Develop and utilize research based teaching and resource material
• Good attendance record