Temporary Full Time Infection Control Practitioner
Approximately until September 2020
HOURS OF WORK:
Monday - Friday
Reporting to the Director of Infection Prevention and Control, the incumbent will assist and direct hospital personnel in the prevention and reduction of the incidence and morbidity of healthcare acquired infections in patients and staff at the Grand River Hospital. Through consultation, surveillance and education, the incumbent will contribute to ensuring a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
• Post secondary degree or diploma in a health professions discipline required;
• Completion of Infection Prevention and Control course
• Certification (or eligible for certification) from the Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology
• Member of the National Infection Control Association (IPAC Canada) preferred
• Three years of clinical experience in a hospital setting required; at least two years experience working in Infection Prevention and Control is preferred
• Computer literacy with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook;
• Possesses knowledge of and is able to use educational principles in program development and education and is experienced in developing and presenting educational materials and providing in-services;
• Demonstrated interest in and understanding of Microbiology;
• Comprehension of hospital-wide policies/procedures and health care practices particularly as they relate to Infectious Disease, Cleaning, Disinfection, Sterilization, Routine Practices and Additional Precautions, Public Health and Microbiology;
• Experience with epidemiological principles, data gathering, statistics, audits and continuous quality improvement;
• Demonstrated leadership skills, verbal and written communication skills and preference for challenging work;
• Ability to work independently and is self motivated and directed while possessing the ability to work in a collaborative manner.
• Demonstrated ability to interface effectively with hospital-wide managers and staff as well as external agencies and the public;
• Able to travel between campuses as required.
• Good attendance record.