Temporary Full Time Junior Database Analyst
Approximately until June 2018
HOURS OF WORK:
Monday to Friday Days
With occasional evenings, nights, weekends and potential on call
Reporting to the IS Business Relationship Manager the Junior Database Analyst’s role is to manage and organize electronic data according to corporate data administration policies and standards in order to ensure that the information needs of the users are met. He/she manages the execution of the technologies and helps utilize their database systems. The Junior Database Analyst examines and evaluates reporting requirements for various business units across the organization and uses proven knowledge of specialized reporting tools to develop reporting structures as required. The Junior Database Analyst is also responsible for proactively generating and compiling reports based on his or her findings, complete with recommended improvements to – or new requirements for – business processes, operational procedures, and their corresponding reporting structures.
Contributes to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
• College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science or information management systems, and 2-3 years related work experience required
• Proven experience with report writing and technical requirements analysis, business process modeling/mapping, methodology development, and data modeling required
• Exposure to the operation and analysis of relational database software and standards, as well as data retrieval methodologies
• Practical knowledge in importing data for use in report software, spreadsheets, graphs, and flowcharts
• Support Database Analyst team in daily operational tasks
• Excellent logical, analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills
• Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
• Good attendance record