Temporary Part-Time Until Approximately March 29, 2018
7.5 hour shifts
Operate the Hospital’s centralized switchboard including: the processing of calls to both sites, paging within and across sites, monitoring of all alarms, panels, security systems as well as responding to emergency codes. Contribute to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
• Grade 12 education
• Previous SL1 Switchboard experience mandatory
• Previous customer service experience in call center preferred
• Competent in Word and Excel
• Proficiency in keyboarding, minimum 45 wpm
• Emergency Responders course an asset
• Must be able to sit for a long period of time
• Pleasant telephone manners
• Medical terminology preferred
• Ability to work independently
• Good attendance record.