7.5 Hour Shifts
Days - Monday to Friday
As an integral team member of the Finance Department, this individual will provide budgeting, forecasting, and variance analysis support for selected programs/departments of the organization; Prepare and present ad-hoc reports on financial information; Conduct detailed and complex statistical and financial analysis and research of information to support various hospital activities and program initiatives including validation of reasonability and consistency of information; Assist and educate managers in understanding financial reports; Provide assistance with reporting to Ministry of Health and Long-term Care (MOHLTC), Hospital Annual Planning Submission (HAPS) & quarterly reporting to the Waterloo-Wellington Local Health Integration Network (WWLHIN).
• A recognized accounting designation (CPA) required
• Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
• 3-5 years related work experience in cost accounting, financial reporting, planning and budgeting
• Experience with the development of financial models, workflow and analysis for business and process efficiency improvements.
• Strong analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills
• A high level of computer proficiency in financial systems, Microsoft Office software, business intelligence systems
• Experience in a healthcare environment is preferred
• Excellent communications skills(written, verbal & presentation skills)
• Good attendance record