7.5 hour shifts, Rotating Shifts including weekends & stat holidays
Medical laboratory technologist responsible for routine Hematology within the Core Laboratory. Candidate may also be trained and rotate into the Transfusion medicine and Chemistry department. Ability to do basic Hematology testing including morphology/ differentials is a must. Quality control, testing and reporting within the McKesson Interface environment is an asset. Contributes to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
Must have strong organizational and documentation skills.
Responsibilities included but not limited to:
• Ensure compliance with standard operating procedures and OLA accreditation standards
• Perform all quality control procedures and basic troubleshooting when indicated and according to established protocol. Report unresolved problems to the Supervising Technologist.
• Document and report (or call) completed results according to the established protocol.
• Be knowledgeable in safety practices, and follow safe procedures at all times.
• Demonstrate ability to prioritize work and respond to urgent unpredictable demands for STAT testing. Consult with peers, senior or manager when appropriate related to abnormal results, panic results or other concerns.
• Demonstrate a professional, respectful and courteous attitude with other staff. Follows the code of professional conduct of the CMLTO, CSMLS and values of GRH.
• Communicate effectively with physicians, nurses and other hospital personnel – include basic interpretation of laboratory test results and explanations of limitations of the test procedure.
• Participate in the departments Quality Assurance Program and accreditation compliance plans.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Graduate from an accredited and complete Medical Laboratory Technology Program (General or subject Specialty)
• Current registry with CMLTO
• Recent Hematology experience a must
• Understanding of laboratory quality control
• Strong demonstrated aptitudes related to time management, workload prioritization and problem solving.
• Ability to perform effectively under minimal supervision.
• Be a meticulous accurate worker.
• Good attendance record