3 Temporary Full-Time Health Informatician
For approximately 2 years
HOURS OF WORK:
7.5 Hour Shifts
Monday to Friday- day shifts- some flexibility and overtime may be required.
The Health Informatician will be the liaison between the internal stakeholders and the IT department. This role will provide support in the design, development, implementation, adoption and sustainability of the end users for the different operating systems at GRH. The Health Informatician conducts analysis, design, build, implementation and evaluation of information and communications systems that enhance data validity. The Health Informatician engages and builds upon internal and external interdisciplinary relationships in an assessment of current state practices, gaps analysis, risk identification, planning and execution of the future state. Contributes to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
• Work in collaboration with the IT staff and project leadership, clinical programs and services and business departments to enable the electronic hospital information systems to support excellence in clinical and business practices
• Facilitates communication, collaboration, and understanding between the Information Services Department (IS) and the clinical professionals of GRH including Allied Health, Nursing and physicians.
• Critically evaluate data and information from a variety of sources (including content experts, clinical applications, databases, practice guidelines, relevant websites etc) to inform the delivery of information to clinicians.
• Promotes information access and advocates for the use of current and innovative information and communication technologies, to support clinical decision making
• Identifies, reports, and assists in troubleshooting and fixing system process and function issues such as error messages, system issues in accordance with IT policies and procedures.
• Utilizes influencing ability to involve the right people at the right time to achieve user defined business requirements and goals aligned with the organizations objectives.
• Contribute to the development/configurability of systems as a build team member for future state
• Works collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders including the CSI team to continually improve the electronic hospital system information system to meet the legislative, regulatory, data reporting and workflow practices stakeholders
• Provides quantitative/statistical data analyses, which may include trending, privacy analysis, benchmarking, business case preparation, forecasting, regression analysis etc.
• Assist with the evaluation of the departmental operations, information technologies, information management and service level determination, and customer management to achieve performance and quality control objectives.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Health Information Management or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum of 2 years progressive experience in information security and technology or related field.
• Minimum of 2 years of recent experience in Health Information Management or related field
• Other requirements: Familiarity with time and project management, technical writing, ITIL v3.
• Good attendance record