HOURS OF WORK:
7.5 Hour Shifts- Days
The outpatient oncology clinical dietitian is an active member of the outpatient oncology clinical team. This role is responsible for the nutritional care of patients in the cancer program (includes Grand River Regional Cancer Center outpatient programs, and occasional coverage for oncology inpatients). Duties include nutritional assessment, development of nutrition care, and nutrition education of individuals and groups, while working within a multidisciplinary team. Additional responsibilities include actively participating in quality improvement initiatives throughout the Cancer Program and Cancer Care Ontario, being a contributing member of an oncology quality council and the mentoring of dietetic interns.
Contributes to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
• Registered Dietitian, membership in the Ontario College of Dietitians
• Clinical experience with preference given to candidates with oncology experience.
• Effective communication skills both written and verbal.
• Self-directed, organized, and diplomatic.
• Team player with ability to adapt to change.
• Experience with palliative care an asset.
• Good computer skills
• Good attendance record.