Casual MSW - Social Worker
HOURS OF WORK:
7.5 and 11.25 hour shifts
We are seeking mental health social workers who are passionate about mental health care and who embrace working in a growing and changing clinical environment. The Social Worker will conduct mental health and risk assessment of patients presenting in the Emergency Room with a mental health crisis, and recommend appropriate dispositions to the ER physician. The position involves working in partnership with Emergency Room staff and Child & Adolescent /Adult In-Patient Mental Health, along with other hospital services and community resources. The Social Worker will provide short-term crisis intervention services for clients at 850 King St. as part of our Rapid Response Team. Contributes to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
• Masters of Social Work Degree from an accredited university
• Current registration with Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
• 3 years (minimum) clinical experience in Mental Health
• Working knowledge of the Mental Health Act
• Proficiency in applying the skills of de-escalation & de-briefing
• Advanced de-escalation, ASIST & Code White training preferred (training will be provided)
• Extensive experience managing and responding to a diverse range of psychiatric emergencies
• Demonstrated skills in crisis and bio-psychosocial assessment, mental status examination, differential diagnosis, short-term treatment modalities and transitional care of mental health clients
• Detailed knowledge of community services/resources
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and comfort in using computer systems to access required Personal Health Information, typing of notes etc.
• Ability to take initiative and work independently and as a part of a team.
• Excellent organizational skills
• High level of maturity, professionalism & acceptance of personal responsibility
• Knowledge of recovery principles
• Excellent attendance record and ability to maintain same