IT Business Operations & Applications Support Manager
HOURS OF WORK:
Monday – Friday. Flexibility and overtime may be required.
Grand River Hospital is looking for a dynamic, experienced, self-motivated IT Business Operations and Applications Support Manager. This position is part of the Information Management & Technology (IMT) portfolio reporting to the CIMO. Responsibilities include providing leadership to the clinical and corporate applications teams and allocation of resources to support clinical and corporate applications utilized at GRH. This position will also focus on talent acquisition, providing coaching and mentorship to support the goals of the organization, department and individual team member. Provide leadership and direction to team members, vendors supporting excellence in customer service. Participate in IT department and IMT portfolio planning to strengthen and improve service delivery plans and processes, standards, policies, procedures and ensures their adoption.
Contributes to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
• Responsible for all aspects of operations including service delivery, budget administration, allocation of human resources and accomplishing departmental objectives
• Development of performance metrics for IT Clinical and Corporate application business operations
• Development of policies and procedures related to clinical and corporate applications.
• Participate in consultation with clinical and corporate stakeholders to support ongoing service improvement strategies.
• Act as a liaison with management and staff to resolve problems and improve systems
• Oversee the creation and maintenance of test plans for patches and upgrades of systems
• Oversee the creation of user documentation for supported systems
• Ensure that the delivery of systems is according to best practice.
• Work in collaboration with the PMO to develop and ensure efficient resource alignment to meet IT Project needs.
• Prepare and analyze cost reports and costing audits to ensure efficient management of IT resources.
• Working with Purchasing and Finance to ensure appropriate timing, communication, distribution of purchase requisitions/orders, invoices, and payment.
• Provide technical expertise to support the procurement of new clinical and corporate applications.
• Participation in IT leadership on-call rotation.
• Bachelor’s Degree required in Clinical discipline, Healthcare Informatics, Business Administration or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 5 years of progressive leadership experience preferably in a hospital or other clinical setting (an asset).
• 5 – 7 years of experience in Information Technology with a focus on corporate and/or clinical applications.
• Project Management Skills (PMP desired)
• Demonstrated financial and business operations acumen
• Excellent critical thinking skills and decision-making skills
• Strong analytic, organizational and problem solving skills
• Ability to learn quickly and adapt to change
• Strong collaborative work ethic, interpersonal skills; team oriented; and high integrity
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders; ability to work effectively on a team
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills including presentation skills.
• High level of initiative, decisiveness and self-directed abilities
• Demonstrated ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
• Excellent time management, problem solving, organizational, and analytical skills
• Proficient computer skills including working with MS Office (Visio, Excel, Word, etc.)
• Flexibility on days/hours of work may be necessary on an occasional basis
• Good attendance record