Temporary Part-time Occupational Therapist
Until approximately November 17, 2017
HOURS OF WORK:
Weekdays 7.5 Hour Shifts- Days (With the possibility of some evening work)
Specialized MENTAL HEALTH is a 50 bed inpatient program offering exciting opportunities to Occupational Therapists interested in starting or developing a career in MENTAL HEALTH. Full paid orientation is provided & educational support is available.
Offering person-centred care, guided by recovery principles, the Occupational Therapist promotes healing and instills hope while demonstrating the values of the Mental Health and Addictions Program.
As a member of an intraprofessional clinical team within the Specialized Mental Health Program, Occupational Therapists will provide assessment, treatment and support to people diagnosed with a severe and persistent mental illness, as well as their families.
Contributes to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
• Current registration with College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario
• Membership in CAOT or OSOT is preferred
• Recent experience working in a tertiary mental health inpatient setting
• Strong knowledge of, and support for, recovery principles
• Experience working with individuals diagnosed with severe and persistent mental illness preferred
• Proven knowledge, skills & experience of working with patients with concurrent disorders i.e. mental illness & addictions.
• Demonstrated ability for completing comprehensive functional assessments including the evaluation of risk, mental status, and level of functioning.
• Demonstrated knowledge and comfort with multidisciplinary team processes
• Proven ability for utilizing best practices in meeting the needs of individuals with severe and persistent mental illness
• Working knowledge of formal and informal community services and resources across the WW LHIN
• Working knowledge of the Mental Health Act, and any other relevant legislation.
• Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively
• Ability to diffuse conflict and foster collaborative working relationships
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
• Ability to work independently
• ADP authorizer preferred
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Good attendance record
• Access to transport & valid drivers license