Clinical Manager, Childbirth
Program Director, Childbirth and Children’s Programs
HOURS OF WORK:
Monday – Friday
Days – 7.5 hour shifts (flexibility)
The Clinical Manager, Childbirth program is accountable for operational and clinical excellence in the program while ensuring outstanding patient and family experience. Reporting to the Director of Childbirth and Children’s Programs, the Clinical Manager will be responsible for approximately 130 direct reports and managing a 41 bed childbirth LDRP unit which includes 2 operating room suites, as well as outpatient childbirth services.
Together with the clinical leadership team, the Manager will lead a high performing multidisciplinary care team and ensure a progressive and supportive work environment for staff. The Clinical Manager brings a high level of operational and management expertise to the Childbirth program.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Manage on a day to day basis the physical, financial and human resources in line with the mission, vision, values of GRH.
• Promote professional growth within the multidisciplinary care team and ensure clinical and regulatory compliance by supporting collaborative inter-professional practice.
• Strive for excellence by ensuring compliance with required Health & Safety, environmental and other legislative requirements and drive forward the program’s quality agenda.
• Registration in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
• Baccalaureate of Nursing or equivalent experience
• Three years’ experience in a leadership role in a health services environment, preferably Childbirth
• Master’s degree in relevant field preferred
• Perinatal Nursing Certificate preferred
• Demonstrated leadership and organizational abilities with a strong patient/family centred care focus
• Highly effective interpersonal and communication (spoken and written) skills with demonstrated ability to achieve managed outcomes. Proven ability to facilitate the timely resolution of patient and family issues in collaboration with the team
• Good understanding of professional practice standards
• Knowledge of applicable legislation and regulations, related both to employment law and areas of functional responsibility