Temporary Full-Time ONA Registered Nurse
Until Approximately August 9, 2018
HOURS OF WORK:
11.25 hour shifts – Days, Nights & Weekends
The Mental Health & Addictions Program Extended Assessment Unit adjacent to the emergency room assists with improving patient care and flow. We are seeking a Registered Nurse who is passionate about mental health care and who embrace working in a growing and changing clinical environment .
Offering person-centred care, guided by recovery principles, the RN promotes healing and instills hope while demonstrating the values of the Mental Health and Addictions Program.
The RN provides psychiatric and mental health nursing care working with a team experienced in psychiatric and mental health problems. The patient population includes individuals with severe mental health issues and those who are experiencing a psychosocial crisis. Nursing care is provided in accordance with the Canadian Standards of Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing (CNA). This position requires that the RN work as a member of an intraprofessional clinical team.
• Current registration with College of Nurses of Ontario
• 3 years experience in Psychiatric & Mental Health Nursing preferred
• Certification (CNA), Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing preferred, or willingness to obtain certification.
• Current valid CPR certification
• Working knowledge of Mental Health Act
• Ability to practice in accordance with Canadian Standards of Psychiatric & Mental Health Nursing and the College of Nurses
• Proficiency in applying the skills of de-escalation & de-briefing
• Extensive experience managing and responding to a diverse range of psychiatric emergencies
• Demonstrated positive attitude and passion for change and improvement of patient and staff safety
• Demonstrated skills in bio-psychosocial assessment, mental status examination, physical health assessment, differential diagnosis, treatment and transitional care of mental health clients
• Detailed knowledge of community services/resources
• Verbal/written communication skills.
• Proficient in the use of computer, ability to type notes and access required hospital electronic systems for the provision of care to patients.
• Ability to work effectively both individually and as part of a team
• High level of maturity, professionalism & acceptance of personal responsibility
• Demonstrated knowledge of recovery principles in mental health
• Good attendance record and ability to maintain same