Environmental Services at Grand River hospital has part time and temporary unscheduled part time opportunities for individuals looking to contribute to the valuable service we provide to our patients, visitors and staff. All new hires to Environmental Services will be provided 2 weeks of full time training, then intergated into our dynamic schedule for regular duty. All frontline positions in Environmental Services are unionized roles, and Grand River Hospital openly encourages and fosters an environment of professional development, and are proud to offer opportunities for development for internal staff.
We are actively recruiting for the following positions:
Environmental Services Porters
Environmental Services Assistants
Successful incumbents will be responsible for cleaning in designated units within the hospital. They are responsible for such activities as wet and dry mopping, washroom cleaning, vacuuming, machine scrubbing, waste and recycle removal and restocking along with other duties. Floor buffing, burnishing and refinishing along with wall washing, vent light and ceiling cleaning will be completed according to established schedules. They will also be responsible for cleaning patient rooms, common areas and washrooms. Contributes to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
• Previous experience in a janitorial/housekeeping position, preferably in an institutional environment an asset
• Must be able to perform duties efficiently under limited supervision
• Ability to operating machinery – buffers, floor scrubbers, etc.
• Good attendance record
• Good Interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to understand and follow directions
• Ability to push, pull and lift heavy equipment
• Ability to climb ladders
• Ability to walk and stand constantly
We look forward to reviewing your resume and thank you for taking the time to apply to work with us at Grand River Hospital!