Full Time Project Resource Planning Specialist
HOURS OF WORK:
Monday to Friday, 8:00am – 4:00pm
Reporting to the Director, Planning and Project Management Office, the Project Resource Planning Specialist has proven experience in project related planning/coordinating and understands project management methodology and the value in the utilization of best practice project management tools in scheduling. The Project Resource Planning Specialist uses expert knowledge and skills to develop and maintain an organizational central repository of projects to facilitate increased visibility and enhanced decision making related to organizational resource capacity.
• Development, implementation and maintenance of a resource-loaded integrated master project schedule.
• Monitoring and tracking of enterprise human resource capacity as it relates to project activities.
• Work with Project Managers to establish a resource level schedule for projects of varying types, size, complexity and level of risk, in accordance with resource availability.
• Identifying schedule conflicts resulting from internal and external constraints and presenting recommendations for viable solutions.
• Coach/mentor Project Managers in creating baseline schedules, performing updates, and analyzing critical paths, baseline variances and suitable key performance metrics to drive decisions, influencing and advising on corrective action when necessary.
• Provide advice to the Project Management Office on standardization of schedule creation, work breakdown structures, activity ID, nomenclature, etc.
• Assist Project Managers in establishing a standard process for the collection of regular updates and developing content for status reports.
• Assist Project Managers with analyzing scope change requests and what-if scenarios as it relates to schedule impacts from an organizational perspective.
• Conduct audits during all phases of the projects and work with Project Managers to ensure schedule forecasts are maintained and properly updated and linked to the master schedule.
• Work with Project Managers to continually optimize schedules and to establish plans to recover from schedule delays.
• Develop and evolve corporate tools and processes to allow for the collection and analysis of earned value metrics such as schedule variance and schedule performance indexes.
• Provide planning and scheduling guidance and support to project teams as required.
• Compare historical schedule forecasting and estimating information to actual results and identify opportunities for continuous improvement to allow for more accurate cost and schedule duration estimates.
• Maintain, support and conduct training for the Project Management Office in MS Project and Project Server.
• Post-secondary education in business, computer science or a health related field or equivalent work experience
• Minimum of 3 years of project planning/scheduling experience on mid to large-scale projects with demonstrated experience in the application of project management scheduling methods, tools and techniques.
• Project experience in health care an asset
• Certification or working towards Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) or PMI Scheduling Professional (PMI-SP) certification or formal project management training required.
• Sound knowledge of the Project Management Book of Knowledge (PMBOK) and the Practice Standard for Scheduling.
• Extremely organized and detail oriented person.
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to develop effective relationships with employees at all levels.
• Ability to conduct effective briefings and presentations.
• Excellent conflict management, problem solving, negotiating, change management skills and sound judgment abilities
• Demonstrated understanding of budgets, scheduling, planning and business acumen.
• High level of initiative and decisiveness with the ability to work effectively and meet competing deadlines.
• Team player, willing to assist colleagues.
• Proficient in MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, Visio and SharePoint™ with advanced skills in MS Project™ and Project Server.
• Good attendance record.