HOURS OF WORK:
11.25 hour shifts
The clinical teaching unit is a 24 bed medical unit that hosts medical patients with a wide spectrum of diagnoses and co-morbidities. CTU embodies a philosophy of education and evidence based practice through its educational partnership with McMaster Medicine Program- Waterloo Regional Campus. The unit focuses on teaching and Inter-professional education programs with residents and clinical clerks.
The incumbent of this position will support and champion best practices and quality initiatives such as Falls Prevention, Post Falls Assessments, End of Life Care on the Clinical Teaching Unit. They will lead and support the education of clinical skills such as bedside procedures; cardiac rhythm interpretation and treatment; assessing and prioritizing treatment plans for complex medical patients. They will work closely with the Resource Nurse, Education Practice Lead, Internal Medicine Physician and residents and Clinical Manager to identify and implement clinical education initiatives that enable staff to provide exemplary patient care.
Contributes to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
• Certificate of Competence from the College from the College of Nurses of Ontario
• Baccalaureate preparation in nursing preferred
• Must have experience caring for medicine patients
• Demonstrated understanding of patient flow processes within the organization
• Demonstrated leadership, critical thinking and positive communication skills
• Demonstrated commitment to continuing education
• Proven ability to foster a positive work environment
• Knowledge of ALC process is an asset.