Temporary Full Time Project Manager
Until approximately October 31, 2018
HOURS OF WORK:
Monday to Friday, 8:00am – 4:00pm, occasional weekends and evenings as required
Reporting to the Director, Planning and Project Management Office, the Project Manager uses project management knowledge and competencies to manage projects through all phases of the project lifecycle including initiation, planning, monitor and controlling, execution and closing to achieve organizational priorities.
• Provides project management support for a large regional project.
• Leads the development of project management tools such as the project charter, scope of work, project schedule and work breakdown structure, cost estimates, resource plans, communications plans, and risk management plans.
• Monitors schedules, costs, scope and quality and provides regular status updates.
• Provides leadership to the project team regarding project management methodology and best practices.
• Maintains project documentation repositories.
• University degree in business, computer science or a health related field or equivalent work experience
• Five (5) years project management experience
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or formal project management training required
• Demonstrated experience in the application of project management methods, tools and techniques
• Project management experience in health care an asset
• Effective organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
• Excellent conflict management, problem solving, change management skills and sound judgment abilities
• Understanding of the issues related to privacy, confidentiality, and data security
• High level of initiative, decisiveness and business acumen
• Demonstrated strong leadership and motivational skills
• Ability to work effectively and meet competing deadlines
• Proficient in MS Office Suite including MS Word, Excel, MS Project™, MS Visio and SharePoint™
• Good attendance record