HOURS OF WORK:
Monday to Friday - Days
Reporting to the Vice President, Quality, Performance Management and Clinical System Transformation, you will provide confidential, executive secretarial support including: complex calendar management, compiling, transcribing and word-processing of correspondence, documents and proposals; preparing spreadsheets and presentations.
Coordination functions will include scheduling appointments, meetings and minute taking. You will also work closely with Grand River Hospital staff members who support the senior leadership team and program and service areas. Some travel within Waterloo Wellington is required as well as extended or flexible hours for certain functions.
You will provide administrative support to the Senior Leadership Team and Executive PRISM Committees. In this role, you will handle confidential information and assist with the achievement of project goals. External contacts will include Waterloo Wellington Hospitals, legal and other professional services firms and health care software companies.
Contributes to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
• Post-Secondary Education plus 5 years senior secretarial experience in a health care setting
• Excellent knowledge and proficiency with the Microsoft Suite (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Sharepoint and Access)
• Proficiency in keyboarding, minimum 80 wpm
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, with ambiguity, prioritize work in a busy setting, set objectives and manage time
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to foster good working relationships with physicians, hospital staff and external stakeholders
• Critical thinking and decision making skills
• Ability to prioritize
• Ability to work in high demand environment
• Ability to assist individuals who are working remotely
• Demonstrated flexibility, reliability and ability to maintain confidentiality
• Good attendance record