Full time Professional Practice Leader, Renal
HOURS OF WORK:
7.5 hour shifts
Monday to Friday Days
The primary role of the education/practice leader (EPL) is to work collaboratively with Program leadership to assist in achieving the clinical and learning needs of the program and to support the overall strategic objectives of the program/unit.
• The EPL will identify clinical practice learning needs, design, implement and evaluate initiatives/educational programs that meet patient/staff needs.
• The education/practice leader is an experienced practitioner who can lead and model quality patient care and professionalism.
The education/practice leader improves patient care by:
• Developing and coordinating processes and strategies that enable and advance professional practice and ongoing education/training.
• Develop processes that ensure evidence-based practice.
• Assist/lead the implementation of evidence-based practice guidelines.
• Promote and model an environment that fosters continuous learning and professional practice for renal program staff.
Contributes to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
• Current Certificate of Competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario in good standing
• Baccalaureate preparation in nursing, Masters preparation is preferred
• Minimum of 5 years recent clinical nephrology nursing practice with minimum 2 years of hemodialysis experience within the past 5 years.
• Demonstrated clinical expertise in renal nursing and nephrology
• Canadian Nursing Association (CNA) Nephrology Nursing Certification required within 3 years of start date
• Current CPR certification, required
• Previous experience in clinical nursing training/education and group/meeting facilitation
• Knowledge of adult learning principles and/or adult education certification
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with multidisciplinary team & community partners
• Excellent communication skills – written and oral
• Proficient with desktop applications and computer software (ie. Microsoft Office)
• Demonstrated ability to multiple tasks and competing priorities
• Demonstrated effective project management skills
• Good attendance record required