4 Temporary Part-Time Clinical Assistant 6
Until Approximately March 31, 2018
HOURS OF WORK:
11.25 hour shifts, Days/Evenings/Weekends
Grand River Hospital is seeking applications for a Clinical Assistant who is committed to providing optimal patient care and is dedicated to GRH’s mission of Advancing Exceptional Care.
The Clinical Assistant assists with patient care by:
• providing assistance with personal care needs of patients including preventative skin care, hygiene, grooming and dressing, nutrition, use and care of adaptive aids/prosthesis; elimination and toileting.
• assisting and attending to special needs of the patients,
• escorting patients into diagnostic tests as needed,
• collecting and monitoring patient information,
• taking the patient’s height and weight and documenting the care given accordingly.
• Assisting with appropriate levels of supervision of patients.
• Maintaining the safety and comfort of patients by ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors and adhering to hospital infection control measures.
• Successful completion of an approved Health Care Aide program
• CPR certificate at the Heart Saver Level and Standard First Aid
• Previous experience in assisting patients with basic personal care needed
• Minimum of two years of related experience in a health care setting preferred
• Responsible, energetic individual with above average ability to prioritize and organize in a busy environment
• Knowledgeable regarding the scope of practice for various job categories
• Ability to collaborate effectively with interdisciplinary team, patients, families, and general public
• Basic computer skills
• Demonstrated ability to follow through with requests
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team environment
• Capable of working independently and able to take direction
• Knowledge of principles of medical asepsis and universal precautions
• Demonstrated positive relationships with other health care
professionals and able to contribute to the development of an environment conducive to excellent patient care
• Willing to work flexible hours