Full time Executive Secretary
HOURS OF WORK:
Monday to Friday - Days
Reporting to the Vice President & Chief Financial Officer, you will provide confidential, executive secretarial support including: complex calendar management and work flow activities, accurately compiling, transcribing and word-processing of correspondence, documents and proposals, preparing spreadsheets, meeting packages and presentations.
Coordination functions will include scheduling appointments, meetings, minute taking, receiving reports and information and disseminating and distributing them to the chair of boards and committees. You will also work closely with the Grand River Hospital senior leadership team and staff members who support them. Extended or flexible hours for meetings is a necessity.
You will provide administrative support to the Audit, Pension and Resources Committees. In this role, you will handle confidential information, constructing meeting packages that flows to the committees and the board of directors and assist with the achievement of project goals. External contacts will include senior external stakeholders, CFO offices within the Waterloo Wellington Hospitals, external auditors and pension plan external service providers.
Contributes to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
• Post-Secondary Education plus 5 years senior secretarial experience in a public sector setting
• Demonstrated flexibility, reliability and ability to maintain confidentiality
• Excellent knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Suite (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Proficiency in keyboarding, minimum 80 wpm
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, with ambiguity, prioritize work in a busy setting, set objectives and manage time
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to foster good working relationships with board committee members, hospital senior leadership team and senior external stakeholders
• Critical thinking and decision making skills
• Ability to work in high demand environment with tight turnaround timelines
• Good attendance record