Temporary Full Time Project Manager
Approximately until September 1, 2019
HOURS OF WORK:
Monday to Friday, 8:00am – 4:00pm, occasional weekends and evenings as required
Grand River Hospital is embarking on a clinical transformation that will change the way we engage with our patients and how we work with one another across the hospital every day. The result will be improved quality and safety of the care we provide.
Join the team that is setting this important change in motion. Grand River Hospital is renewing its Health Information System and recognizes the need to focus on the staff and clinicians as they are key to the success of this initiative.
Reporting to the Senior Project Manager, the Project Manager will be a member of a team of project management professionals focused on the successful planning and delivery of the HIS renewal initiative. The Project Manager is expected to use their project management knowledge and competencies to successfully manage their project assignments through all phases of the project lifecycle including initiating, planning, executing, monitoring & controlling and closing.
• Responsible for contributing to the overall HIS implementation project plan.
• Provides oversight to sub-projects of the HIS project.
• Manages the development of project management artifacts such as a project charter, work breakdown structure, project schedule, cost estimates, resource plans, communications plans and risk management plans.
• Responsible for monitoring schedule, cost, scope, resources, risk and quality and providing regular status updates.
• University degree in business, computer science or a health related field or equivalent work experience
• Five (5) years project management experience
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or formal project management training required
• Demonstrated experience in the application of project management methods, tools and techniques
• Project management experience in health care an asset
• Effective organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
• Excellent conflict management, problem solving, change management skills and sound judgment abilities
• Understanding of the issues related to privacy, confidentiality, and data security
• High level of initiative, decisiveness and business acumen
• Demonstrated strong leadership and motivational skills
• Ability to demonstrate initiative, work effectively and meet competing deadlines
• Proficient in MS Office Suite including MS Word, Excel, MS Project™, MS Visio and SharePoint™