Shifts: Monday to Friday
Temporary Full time until approximately December 1, 2019
Reporting to the Chief Information Management Officer (CIMO) the Manager, Patient Scheduling plans, organizes, assists, and directs, a wide range of operations and activities pertaining to patient scheduling, including the management of referrals. This position has significant responsibility for formulating and administering policies and procedures in patient scheduling areas, as well as providing management support and advice.
• development and administration of new programs and services
• participation in Hospital strategic development and planning processes
• provide direction and support to patient scheduling areas
• implements and maintains corporate standards for a wide range of operations and activities pertaining to patient scheduling
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, public administration, health care administration, accounting, or a related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Equivalent to five years of increasingly responsible professional experience related to healthcare access or patient scheduling, including at least one year in an acute care hospital setting and at least one year in a lead or supervisory capacity.
• Excellent knowledge of the principles and practices of business administration, including personnel management, planning and organization of work, delegation of authority, staff motivation, performance appraisal and discipline management.
• Excellent knowledge of the laws, regulations, requirements, standards and practices pertaining to patient registration as well as admitting requirements and standards.
• Demonstrated ability using quality control and quality improvement methods in a healthcare administrative setting.
• Experience with financial management, budget development, monitoring and justification.
• Superior communication skills that are clear and concise, both orally and in writing, and which are suited to effective presentations to groups and individuals.
• Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others including physicians, nurses, administrators, managers, vendors, contractors and other health care industry personnel.
• Strong customer service orientation geared to establishing long-term customer relationships built upon trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations.