Temporary Full-Time Decision Support Consultant
Until approximately December 31, 2018
HOURS OF WORK:
Monday to Friday, Days
The successful candidate will be responsible for understanding the nature of health information and its processing, application and impact within the hospital. This is accomplished by working cooperatively with Finance, Health Records, and the clinical team by providing integrated information using core information systems.
• Masters in Health Science, Finance, Business or equivalent.
• Minimum 3 years decision support experience
• Minimum 5 years’ experience of hospital experience or equivalent
• Strong computer knowledge and skills (e.g., Crystal Reports, HBI, Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, CMG/RIW applications, SAS or SPSS)
• Previous experience in program or systems management
• Strong analytical skills and solid mathematical background
• Demonstrated experience in preparation of statistical and management performance reports
• Solid knowledge and application of organizational functions, problem solving skills, critical thinking skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, coupled with excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel.
• Demonstrated proven ability to develop & foster positive relationship with data/information stakeholder
• Experience in preparing reports, and making verbal and written presentations to Clinical Directors, Senior Management and/or Boards of Directors.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision; able to work under pressure and deal with conflicting priorities and deadlines with the highest degree of accuracy.
• Knowledge of productivity and clinical indicators, balance scorecard development, patient costing methodology and reporting, health care reporting requirements, MIS guidelines and hospital operational planning and budgeting.
• Ability to problem solve when information does not balance.
• Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional development.
• Good attendance record