Temporary Full-Time Clinical Data Analyst
Until approximately December 31, 2018
HOURS OF WORK:
The Clinical Data Analyst as a member of the Decision Support team is responsible to understand the nature of health information and its processing, application and impact within the hospital. This is accomplished by working cooperatively with the clinical team and business units (e.g. Finance, Health Records, and Human Resources) providing integrated information using core information system with minimal supervision. The successful applicant will share responsibility for development of clinical and utilization indicators and be able to identify and address data discrepancies.
• Related undergraduate degree or diploma; master in health science, health informatics or equivalent an asset.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience hospital experience with 3 years’ decision support experience or equivalent
• Ability to take initiative and embrace challenges
• Advanced technical knowledge of SQL and Microsoft Office suite
• Demonstrated knowledge of CIHI Data Sets, Case Mix Methodologies, Health System Funding Reform, Case Costing, business intelligence software
• Knowledge of productivity and clinical indicators, balanced scorecard development, hospital planning and budgeting.
• Experience with statistical software packages (e.g. SAS), Crystal Reporting an asset
• Strong mathematical and statistical background an asset
• Proven ability to succeed in an environment with high degree of unknown, frequently changing high volume demands.
• Advanced time management and organizational skills; ability to prioritize work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision, work under pressure and deal with conflicting priorities and deadlines with the highest degree of accuracy, work both independently and as a team player
• Must be a “systems” thinker with a broad-based outlook/perspective in health care
• Demonstrated strong critical thinking, analytical skills, problem solving skills including addressing data discrepancies
• Demonstrated experience in preparation of statistical and performance management reports, and making verbal and written presentations to Clinical Directors, Senior Management and/or Boards of Directors.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication (both written and oral), and relationship building skills.
• Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional development.
• Good attendance record