11.25 hour shifts
Provision of pediatric patient care within a family-centered environment. Contributes to ensuring the provision of high quality patient care in a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
• Current certificate of competence from the College of Nurses Of Ontario
• 2 years’ experience in acute pediatrics.
• Familiar with care of the neonatal and pediatric patient and family
• Excellent neonatal/pediatric assessment skills.
• Willingness to cross-train within Children’s Services
• Good attendance record
• Familiar with standards, policies, procedures and protocols in pediatrics
• Basic Computer Skills
• Highly motivated & self-directed
• Respectful, collaborative manner in dealing with colleagues and patients
• High level of maturity and professionalism
• Compassionate and understanding
• Sound/realistic decision making
• Flexible and able to balance competing priorities
• Reflective practitioner