Temporary full time until approximately April 2019, with possible extension
7.5 Hour Shifts
Monday – Friday, days
The HR Assistant reports to the Manager, Talent Acquisition & HRIS. The successful candidate will provide effective administrative support to the HR team by being the first point of contact for both public inquiries and internal inquiries from staff, managers and union partners regarding all Recruitment and Compensation & Benefits’ questions. The incumbent will be responsible for the creation of electronic and hard copy employee files, ensuring its integrity and accuracy at all times. Maintaining and updating employee information in GRH’s Human Resources Information System (HRIS) and managing all HR information on GRH’s intranet as well as HR data and metric related information required for regular auditing and reporting purposes are also key responsibilities for this role.
In addition to these responsibilities, the incumbent will provide support to both the Recruitment team and Compensation & Benefits team. The successful candidate will support the HR core competencies, including administrative processing of the onboarding, off-boarding and employee changes in GRH’s HRIS and filing system (both electronic and paper based).
In all that the HR Assistant does, they must be mindful to contribute to a safe and respectful environment for our patients, our staff and our visitors.
• 2-3 years’ experience in Human Resources required, preferably in a healthcare setting
• Certificate in HR program or related post-secondary education or equivalent combination of education and relevant human resources experience required
• Confirmed superior customer service, administrative and communication skills are essential.
• Keen attention to detail
• Strong knowledge of Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and PowerPoint.
• Familiarity with an HRIS system is preferred
• Detail-oriented and able to respond positively to change
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment with continuous disruptions while maintaining accuracy of work
• Discretion and ability to deal with highly confidential and sensitive information
• Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team