7.5 Hour Shifts
Monday to Friday, occasional evening and weekend work
Reporting to the Manager, Talent Acquisition & HRIS, the Recruitment Specialist works on a team to coordinate, manage and facilitate the recruitment process for an assigned client groups’ needs. The Recruitment Specialist manages the recruitment process for multiple vacant union, non-union and management positions, including preparation of selection process tools, providing recruitment and hospital information to internal and external candidates, participation as a panel member on interviews, conducting reference checks, extending offers of employment and completing new hire documentation. Demonstrating excellent customer service, the Recruitment Specialist develops and maintains effective relationships by working collaboratively with hiring managers and is the subject matter expert in recruitment best practices. The successful candidate will also maintain the HRIS and ATS systems and will coordinate the information flow for new hires through the on-boarding process.
The Recruitment Specialist is also accountable for supporting strategic recruitment activities by providing support and guidance to management and human resources staff and by participating in the development and implementation of strategic recruitment, workforce planning and metrics, and, retention activities. The Recruitment Specialist will work with the recruitment team to support the Manager, Total Acquisition & HRIS in monitoring industry trends/benchmarks and developing leading edge recruitment strategies to attract high caliber candidates. The Recruitment Specialist will also ensure that all recruitment practices comply with the Employment Standard Act, Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and human resources policies and will maintain in close communication with the employee relations team, HR Advisors and other HR professionals to ensure a solid understanding of collective agreement interpretations and implications.
• University degree related to human resources management and 3-5 years experience in recruitment and retention in a unionized environment, preferably in a healthcare setting. Equivalent combination of relevant education and recent related work experience may be considered.
• 2 years recent work experience in performing similar recruitment and human resources functions with an emphasis on leading the development of recruitment strategies and defensible selection criteria and tools.
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the relevant provisions of a collective agreement, Employment Standards Act, Ontario Human Rights Code and other applicable legislation.
• Demonstrated skills in behavioural interviewing to be able to accurately predict the success of a candidate for the vacancy and guide the selection process.
• Demonstrated excellent verbal communications, interpersonal and presentation/training skills in order to collaboratively interact with internal and external applicants, suppliers, hiring managers and HR colleagues.
• Demonstrated excellent written communication skills to develop job posting materials, advertisements, candidates lists, email communications, presentations, standard operating procedures, documentation in support of hiring decisions, interview guides and job descriptions.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize work effectively, manage a full work load and meet deadlines in a busy environment with frequent interruptions.
• Exceptional customer service skills to support internal and external candidates as well as lead Hiring Managers, HR Advisors and colleagues in effective recruitment practices.
• Demonstrated decision making skills and ability to problem solve issues that may arise in the recruitment process.
• Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint, and demonstrated proficiency working with an HRIS and Applicant Tracking System.
• Demonstrated effectiveness as a team member through collaboration, respect and effective communication.