Temporary full-time until approximately May 17, 2019
7.5 hour shifts
Days – Monday to Friday
8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Provide support to the Purchasing Department to include:
• Coordinate capital equipment trials and evaluations, working with end users and suppliers;
• Implement ongoing Medbuy product conversions;
• Negotiate and implement purchasing contracts;
• Work with supplier representatives and evaluate supplier performance;
• Process requisitions, source product, obtain pricing for specialized commodity groupings;
• Other duties and project work as assigned.
• Contributes to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
• 1 - 3 years of purchasing experiences required, preferably in a hospital setting
• Formal purchasing training at a college or university level is required
• Experience in a health care environment and knowledge of medical/surgical products is preferred;
• Experience in developing supply and service agreements;
• Demonstrated knowledge and application of Broader Public Sector Procurement Directives;
• Ability to work effectively with physicians, hospital staff and suppliers;
• Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills;
• Ability to work in a high pressure environment;
• Good attendance record.