Temporary Part Time Clinical Secretary 6
Until approximately March 31, 2019
HOURS OF WORK:
7.5 Hour Shifts
Days, Evenings and Weekends
The Clinical Secretary, as a member of the Oncology Program, performs a variety of clerical and clinical functions which support effective workflow and patient care activities within the Inpatient Oncology unit. Contributes to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
• Must have diploma in a health-related discipline from a post-secondary institution or equivalent combination of education and work experience
• Demonstrated proficiency in use of medical terminology and spelling.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• Experience and knowledge of a PC based environment
• Experience processing medication and chemotherapy orders is preferred
• Must be able to work independently and be able to take direction from other staff members and demonstrated dependability to follow through on requests
• Must be able to handle multiple requests and priorities and thrives in a busy environment
• Good attendance record