Temporary Full-Time Pension and Benefits Coordinator
Approximately 6 months
HOURS OF WORK:
Monday to Friday, Days
Reporting to the Pension and Benefits Specialist, the successful candidate will assist in administering and organizing the operational activities of GRH’s single employer and multi-employer defined benefit pension plans in accordance with applicable legislation, pension plan texts and Hospital policy. The successful candidate will also assist in the administration of GRH’s Group Benefits Plan.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Working closely with HR, Finance and Payroll stakeholders and supporting the administration of the Hospital’s pension plans including enrolments, retirements and distribution of annual statements.
• Coordination and preparation of pension specific reports.
• Acting as a liaison with external service providers and coordinating monthly invoices for sign-off and reviewing for accuracy.
• Assist in the internal processing of pension and benefit transactions.
• Assist the Pension and Benefits Specialist with pension projects as required.
REPORTING AND AUDITING
• Reconciling internal and external systems data to ensure member pension and benefit data is accurate and up-to-date.
• Coordinating the process flow of pension information and tracking transactional data with external service providers.
• Reviewing submitted member pension and benefit documentation for completion and compliance.
• Coordinating the daily pension and benefit operations of member communications by assuming accountability for member transactions and seeing the transaction through to completion.
• Monitoring outstanding pension and benefit member inquiries and proactively following up to ensure timely resolution.
• Providing relevant, prompt and accurate information in a professional and courteous manner through service delivery channels including phone, secure e-mail, mail, fax and in person.
Contributes to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors. Grand River Hospital is committed to providing and fostering a respectful workplace for all employees, free from violence and harassment.
• Strong knowledge required of defined benefit single employer and multi-employer pension plans, including strong knowledge of applicable pension legislation.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the administration of group health and dental benefit plans.
• 2 to 3 years experience administering defined benefit pension plans and group health and dental benefit plans.
• University degree in HR Management or the equivalent education and experience. Professional accreditation preferred (CEBS, CCP, CHRP).
• Strong decision-making skills are required with sound judgment, prudence and integrity.
• A dynamic, professional and detail oriented individual with strong analytical and organizational skills.
• Strong customer service and team player mindset with accompanying interpersonal and communication skills to work with both internal and external stakeholders, at varying levels.
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills including MS Excel, MS Word, MS Access, MS Outlook is required as well as Crystal Reporting is an asset.