Temporary Full time Research Assistant – (0.8 FTE)
Until approximately March 31, 2019
HOURS OF WORK:
Monday to Friday, Days, 7.5 hour shifts
The Research Assistant provides support for research and clinical trials within the Cancer Centre. This position will have responsibilities in all aspects of clinical trials including: registration of patients to protocols, the collection of data on patients who are participating in clinical trials, the completion of case report forms, and the submission of forms to the trial sponsor/monitor within specified timelines. Duties will include monitoring research activities, conduct preliminary analysis and data screening and develop databases. This position will support research and evaluation activities with regard to implementation and ongoing management.
• Minimum Community College Diploma in a health related discipline required
• Undergraduate degree in a health related discipline preferred
• Clinical Trials experience preferred
• Clinical Research certification (SOCRA, ACRP) an asset.
• Excellent organizational skills required
• Ability to work independently and in a multidisciplinary team
• Proficient in MS Windows environment (Word, Excel, Access)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent data collection and data entry skills required
• Ability to prioritize workload, with particular attention to detail
• Good attendance record