Temporary Part Time Registered Respiratory Therapist
Until approximately April 1, 2019
HOURS OF WORK:
Monday – Friday Days,
7.5 Hour Shifts
Occasional evenings and weekends
The incumbent will be responsible for performing pulmonary function testing (including body plethysmography), bronchial challenge testing and blood gases.
Knowledge of or experience would be an asset for cardiac stress testing, holter hook-ups and scanning/reading, exercise oximetry, loop recorder hook-ups and cardio-pulmonary exercise testing.
Other responsibilities will be assisting physicians and other labs within the departments as required.
Contributes to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
• Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) or a Registered Cardio Pulmonary Technologist (CPT) is required
• Minimum of two years’ experience
• Preference will be given to candidate with experience in Holter scanning/reading.
• Excellent interpersonal skills as well as the ability to organize workloads in cooperation with peers
• Able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously in a high paced environment
• Must be an effective communicator and able to transmit information in a courteous and concise manner
• Must demonstrate a client first focus
• Able to problem solve
• Good attendance record