Full-time Medical Education and Credentialing Assistant
HOURS OF WORK:
Monday to Friday – Days, with flexibility in hours required
The Medical Education and Credentialing Assistant will have two primary duties: supporting the medical education activities at Grand River Hospital (GRH)/St. Mary’s General Hospital (SMGH) and assisting with credentialing and recruitment process for Professional Staff at both GRH and SMGH.
A 0.5 FTE role will be primarily dedicated to supporting the Chief of Academic Affairs, coordinating the medical educational activities and the simulated learning activities within GRH and SMGH.
The remaining 0.5 FTE role will assist the Medical Affairs Coordinator with coordinating the credentialing and re-credentialing of all Professional Staff and supporting the physician recruitment and onboarding process for both GRH and SMGH.
The Medical Education and Credentialing Assistant will create and maintain required UG/PG Call Schedules for GRH and SMGH, ensuring the timely distribution of updated call schedules to learners and hospital departments.
The successful candidate will be required to travel between GRH and SMGH, and also the Waterloo Regional Campus of the Michael G. DeGroote School of Medicine.
• Post-secondary diploma required or equivalent combination of education and experience
• 2 – 3 years’ administrative experience in a similar role required, preferably in a healthcare setting
• Ability to understand and interpret MOHLTC, CPSO and Public Hospitals Act legislation and policies.
• Excellent knowledge and proficiency with the Microsoft Suite (including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook); emphasis on developing and maintain Access databases to develop queries and reports
• Demonstrated ability to work independently in the coordination of information from multiple sources with ambiguity, prioritize work in a busy setting, set objectives and manage time
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to foster good working relationships with physicians, medical learners, hospital staff, patients and external organizations
• Demonstrated flexibility, reliability and ability to maintain confidentiality
• Excellent organizational, accuracy and attention to detail and time management skills with the ability to prioritize
• Good attendance record