Temporary Full Time Stakeholder Engagement Specialist
Until Approximately September 2019
HOURS OF WORK:
Monday to Friday- occasional weekends and evenings as required
Grand River Hospital is embarking on a clinical transformation that will change the way we engage with our patients and how we work with one another across the hospital every day. The result will be improved quality and safety of the care we provide.
Join the team that is setting this important change in motion. Grand River Hospital is renewing its Health Information System and recognizes the need to focus on the staff and clinicians as they are key to the success of this initiative.
Reporting to the Communications Manager for the PRISM initiative, you will assist in ensuring that stakeholders are well-informed and engaged as they progress through the stages of awareness, understanding, involvement and ownership pertaining to this organization-wide change. This initiative involves internal and external stakeholders across several disciplines. It requires a strategic and disciplined approach to communication and engagement activities.
The successful incumbent will be responsible for providing communications support specifically for the PRISM initiative. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Works closely with internal stakeholders to develop and implement internal publications such as newsletters, communiqués, email announcements and intranet content
• Develops meeting and presentation materials including PowerPoint slide decks and briefing notes
• Schedules and tracks communication and activities by stakeholder group
• Plans and executes activities and events in support of the engagement of physicians, clinicians and staff for Grand River Hospital and external stakeholders
• Plans and executes media and marketing activities for the PRISM initiative including any specific program activities that may include receiving requests for information and responding or assigning to others
• Provides conceptual, writing, editing and graphical design support to develop communication materials and will liaise with design and print vendors as required
• Works in cooperation with the hospital and Grand River Hospital Foundation communications staff as required
• An undergraduate degree in communications, journalism, marketing or a related discipline
• A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in communications, journalism, marketing or a related discipline
• Experience within a health care environment is preferred
• A combination of education and experience will be considered
• Training and/or experience in Change Management theory and practice an asset
• Strong and sophisticated writing skills with an ability to effectively adapt to different audiences
• Strong interpersonal communication skills
• High level of initiative and critical thinking
• Sensitive to how people organize and function
• Able to organize, prioritize and balance work
• Ability to effectively cope with change
• Proficient in MS Office Suite including MS Word, Excel, MS Project, MS Visio and SharePoint.