Temporary Full-Time Project Coordinator - Master Planning
Until approximately March 31, 2019 with the potential for extension
HOURS OF WORK:
Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours/week however flexibility on hours of work is expected on occasion.
Reporting to the Director, Capital & Facilities Planning, the Project Coordinator, Master Planning will liaise with internal and external stakeholders to provide expert advice on master planning and space planning processes and procedures. They will also lead small moves and small renovation projects. This position will liaison with external consultants on projects. Working with the Manager, Facilities Planning, Design and Development the Project Coordinator will ensure that each phase of a project is completed within approved project parameters and space planning is completed within policy and guidelines.
• Successful completion of a college diploma in business administration or healthcare; equivalent combination of education and training may also be considered
• Minimum of three years of project management experience.
• Experience in reading and understanding construction plans and specifications.
• Experience in developing project budgets and schedules.
• Demonstrated knowledge of building codes and other related codes, standards and legislation.
• Demonstrated project management experience including effectiveness with concurrently organizing, planning and coordinating operational initiatives with multiple project activities.
• Demonstrated effectiveness in project budget management and accountability.
• Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills including, ability to demonstrate tact and diplomacy with diverse groups of stakeholders.
• Demonstrated effectiveness in identifying and analyzing situations and problems; finding viable solutions with consideration to total systems and strategies.
• Demonstrated effective utilization of resources consistent with departmental goals.
• Demonstrated effectiveness promoting compliance with professional and ethical practices, accreditation standards, and applicable legislation.
• Demonstrated understanding and commitment to health and safety policies, procedures and applicable legislation.
• Demonstrated client-centred attitude and commitment to the Mission, Vision, Values and strategic direction of Grand River Hospital.
• Demonstrated professional work attitudes and behaviours in interaction with internal and external contacts.
• Demonstrated effectiveness as a team member through collaboration, respect and effective communication.
• Intermediate level proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite of products (including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel)