Casual Medical Laboratory Technologist
HOURS OF WORK:
Monday – Friday Days, 7.5 hour shifts (hours may change or vary due to operational need)
Responsible for performing all cytology related procedures including specimen preparation using Thin Prep technology, screening, troubleshooting methodologies, reporting, participating in Quality Assurance activities, attending EBUS procedure for rapid on-site assessment of specimen adequacy. Works under the direction of the Senior Cytotechnologist and Manager Histology/Cytology. Performs preventative maintenance on equipment and contributes to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
• Current registration with the CMLTO – Cytology
• Certification with CSMLS - Cytology
• Knowledge of the requirements of the Ontario Laboratory Accreditation (OLA) standards;
• Excellent computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Word; pathology computer systems
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
• Good attendance record.