HOURS OF WORK:
7.5 or 11.25 hour shifts
Days, Nights and Weekends
Provision of high quality nursing care in a safe, family-centered environment for neonatal patients and their families. Contributes to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
• Current certificate of competence with the College of Nurses Of Ontario
• 2 years experience in Level II/III NICU or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Current certificate NRP.
• Excellent neonatal assessment skills.
• College certificate in neonatal nursing
• Completed breastfeeding course
• Quality Improvement focus
• Strong change management skills
• Willingness to cross-train within Children’s Services
• Good attendance record
Demonstrated skill in:
• Care of umbilical lines including line sampling.
• Mechanical ventilation of neonate
• Suction – basic and endotracheal
• Chest physiotherapy – percussion and vibration
• Nasogastric intubation and gavage feeding
• Neonatal venipuncture
• Neonatal capillary blood sampling
• Neonatal IV therapy and IV medication
• Basic computer skills
• Quality improvement
• Highly motivated & self-directed
• Respectful, collaborative manner in dealing with colleagues and patient/families
• High level of maturity and professionalism
• Compassionate and understanding
• Sound/realistic decision making
• Flexible and able to balance competing priorities
• Reflective practitioner