Full-Time Supervisor, Patient Accounts
HOURS OF WORK:
7.5 hour shifts
Days (Monday – Friday)
• Supervise billing process and ensure billing of patient services is timely and accurate. Billings include all inpatients, outpatients, WSIB, refugee, non-resident, OHIP, commercial insurance, interprovincial, non-resident, ambulance and miscellaneous charges & non-patient billing.
• Supervise posting and proofing of credits, payments and adjustments to patients’ accounts after getting approval from Manager and Director.
• Supervise cash handling activities, reconcile deposits transactions for patient and 3rd party payors
• Assist in collection issues.
• Meet with patients, families to resolve escalated payment issues, discuss payment plans etc.
• Ensure compliance with internal controls for billing, collection and cash handling.
• Ensure timely and accurate update of rate tables in the system.
• Provide support to Patient Accounts/Accounts Receivable staff as it relates to ongoing use of billing system. Address system related issues.
• Provide support and education to staff in Patient Accounts/Accounts Receivable as well as to staff in other departments to minimize errors and ensure revenues are properly coded/recorded.
• Establish and maintain positive relationships with other departments staff members such as Registration, Emergency, Nursing Stations etc. to identify potential for patient revenues.
• Review internal processes and provide recommendations regarding cash and revenue processes to maximize efficiencies.
• Responsible for monthly statistical analysis of health card validation and other analysis as required.
• Handles employee performance evaluation and feedback.
• Liaise with other STAR system coordinators to ensure that data flowing into the Patient Accounting module, and onto the patient's accounts, is accurate timely and complete.
• Cash Projection reporting.
• Other duties as assigned
• Post-secondary education at a university or college and/or a minimum four years hospital related experience in a Financial services/accounting setting.
• Post-secondary degree in Business/Accounting is an asset
• Broad Account Receivable, treasury and Cash flow function experience
• 1-2 years Supervisor experience.
• Ability to respond to changing requirements.
• Continuous professional development and upgrading skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Healthcare Billing system experience and excellent financial analysis skills required.
• Demonstrated knowledge of union contracts
• Knowledge of Privacy Act required
• Good attendance record required