Temporary Unscheduled Part-Time Environmental Services Porters
HOURS OF WORK
7.5 hour shifts – Evenings & Nights only
Shifts: 1600-0000, 1700-0100, 2200-0600, 2300-0700 & 0000-0800
8-Month Contracts Available
ABOUT GRAND RIVER HOSPITAL
If you are searching for an opportunity with one of the largest community hospitals in Ontario providing patient-centred care to the Waterloo Region, Wellington County and Southwestern Ontario, then you’ve come to the right place!
We exist to provide exceptional care through inspired people, one patient at a time. Develop your skills in a new setting, collaborate with dedicated co-workers, and bring your own personal vision to life. If nothing feels better than making a difference in the lives of others, this is the opportunity for you.
• Twitter: @GRHospitalKW
• Facebook: Grand River Hospital
• LinkedIn: Grand River Hospital
The successful incumbents will be performing cleaning duties, with responsibility for such activities as wet and dry mopping, washroom cleaning, vacuuming, machine scrubbing, waste and recycle removal and restocking along with other duties. Floor buffing, burnishing and refinishing along with wall washing, vent light and ceiling cleaning will be completed according to established schedules. ES Porters are also responsible for cleaning patient rooms, common areas, washrooms, OR rooms and stretchers. In this role, you will be contributing to a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
• Previous experience in a janitorial/housekeeping position, preferably in an institutional environment an asset
• Must be able to perform duties efficiently under limited supervision
• Ability to operate machinery – buffers, floor scrubbers, etc.
• Good attendance record
• Good Interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to understand and follow directions
• Ability to push, pull and lift heavy equipment
• Ability to climb ladders
• Ability to walk and stand constantly
HOW TO APPLY
Join our team and help shape the future of healthcare! Please visit www.grhosp.on.ca/careers and apply!