Full-Time Social Worker
HOURS OF WORK:
Monday-Friday 7.5 hour shifts
The prime responsibility in this position is to provide assessment, treatment and consultative services to clients on the Geriatric Assessment and Neurobehavioural Units. Helps address the patient’s goals, provides support and problem solving, and works with the multidisciplinary team to meet the patient’s needs. Works closely with families and support units for the patient to discharge plan appropriately.
Contributes to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
• Masters of Social Work degree
• Membership in the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Services Workers
• Minimum 5 years experience in Social Work, including experience in geriatrics and disease processes of the aging population.
• Excellent skills in working effectively with community agencies and organizations
• Ability to work independently, as well as within a multidisciplinary team
• Demonstrated experience in providing professional student and public education
• Working with a variety of computer systems including Microsoft Office
• Participates collaboratively with discharge planning
• Excellence in interpersonal and communication skills in both individual and team work
• Demonstrated skills in a variety of clinical modalities including individual, marital, family and group
• Excellent community service coordination in engaging, assessing and actively linking individuals with community services and programs
• Excellent knowledge mobilizing financial, social, work- resources
• Knowledge of community service case coordination
• Knowledge of individual, marital and group counseling and assessment skills
• Understanding of psycho-social functioning
• Good attendance record