The Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) assists in the co-ordination of total nursing care for an assigned group of patients. The RPN works closely with other nursing staff and patient team personnel, in maintaining standards for professional nursing practice within the clinical setting.
The position requires heavy work, involves pushing and pulling moderate and heavy objects, extensive physical movements (walking, crouching). Majority of time spent working with patients with varying degrees of physical and cognitive impairments.
Contributes to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors. Grand River Hospital is committed to providing and fostering a respectful workplace for all employees, free from violence and harassment.
• Current Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
• Recent experience in Complex Care, Rehabilitation or Medicine would be an asset
• Knowledge of rehabilitative philosophy of care
• Knowledge of assessment requirements, clinical care needs of a predominantly geriatric medically complex patient population
• Recognized gerontology courses or advanced education would be an asset
• BCLS required
• MDS Assessment experience an asset
• Effective interpersonal skills
• Ability to work in a multidisciplinary setting
• Patient centered
• Good attendance record