Temporary Full-Time Data Integration and Reporting Specialist
Until approximately August 30, 2019
HOURS OF WORK:
7.5 Hour Shifts; Monday to Friday with occasional weekends and evenings as required
Grand River Hospital is embarking on a clinical transformation that will change the way we engage with our patients and how we work with one another across the hospital every day. The result will be improved quality and safety of the care we provide. Join the team that is setting an important and innovative change in motion. Grand River Hospital is renewing its Electronic Health Information System - changing the way patients and care providers communicate and share vital information. Your work on this unique and very exciting project will enhance the quality and safety of care for patients across Waterloo Region and Guelph-Wellington for many years to come.
Reporting in a matrix relationship to the Executive Director, PRISM and Team Lead Decision Support, the Data Integration and Reporting Specialist is a knowledge expert on healthcare reporting requirements. The incumbent is able to act upon the dynamic nature of health and business data identification, collection, integration, analysis and reporting requirements with the ability to understand the impact on operational funding and outcomes reporting at all levels.
The Data Integration and Reporting Specialist has a proven track record in meeting identified requirements through the development and maintenance of SQL-based reports and/or ETL packages. The incumbent is responsible to identify data requirements, formulate mechanisms to meet such requirements working in partnership with the common systems team and make recommendations to mitigate organizational risk.
The Data Integration and Reporting Specialist uses strong analytical, technical and business knowledge to interact with the PRISM Leadership, project team and Decision Support team to drive business intelligence and data strategy that supports the successful implementation of an electronic health information system.
• Partner with business analysts, developers, purchased services and vendor to understand complex business requirements, systems and data architectures
• Develops standard operating procedures to gather, interpret and report data across all reporting requirements
• Recommend, design, develop, test, implement/automate, and support innovative and optimal data solutions using the required tools for the job including, but not limited to, Microsoft T-SQL, Oracle PL/SQL, Cerner Command Language (CCL) and Business Objects
• Develop quality standards to ensure data quality and integrity across various database systems.
• Develop and document the data audit, archiving, and restoration processes
• Provide problem-solving expertise and complex analysis of data to develop business intelligence integration designs
• Develops and ensures reporting specifications; report creation, data validation and report validation are established and maintained
• Assess and document the structure, quality, and compliance of source data and coordinate with business and technology staff to identify and resolve issues
• Support activities including data movement, data aggregation, data quality, and data cleansing
• Liaise with stakeholders to keep updates documentation of process, workflows and user requirements
• Assess and document source data and quality
• Coordinate with project teams to identify and resolve issues
• Communicate project status, issues, and accomplishments periodically to staff and users requesting reports. Assist other Decision Support employees in data integration tools, programs, processes, and best practices
• Master’s Degree in Health Science, Finance, Business, Computer Science/Information Systems with 2-3 years of experience or equivalent work experience (i.e. ETL/Data Integration Specialist with 3-5 years of experience in an enterprise business environment)
• Proven significant work experience in the development and maintenance of SQL-based reports and/or ETL packages
• Experience with both Microsoft T-SQL & Oracle PL/SQL preferred; experience with Cerner Command Language (CCL) an asset
• Demonstrated ability to learn new tools and techniques is required
• Must be familiar with common data warehousing tasks such as data staging, data integration, building conformed dimensions and mapping tables
• Experience working with high volume data exchange and integrating large (10M + rows) structured and unstructured data in multiple formats, character sets, and delivery methods.
• Experience with modern data cleansing and preparation tools are a plus
• Experienced with scripting and scheduling tools to build data processing automations
• Advanced knowledge in Excel (formatting, formulas, pivot tables, macros, cell ranges, hyperlink) and Microsoft Access (queries, reporting)
• Expertise in working with technical and business teams to extract and document data integration/exchange requirements
• Ability to handle multiple projects and meet monthly deadlines
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
• Excellent conflict management, problem solving, change management skills and sound
• High level of initiative, decisiveness and business acumen
• Understanding of the issues related to privacy, confidentiality, and data security
• Ability to prioritize and meet competing deadlines
• Good attendance record