Full Time Clinical Manager
Inpatient & Outpatient Pediatric units and NICU
HOURS OF WORK:
Monday to Friday
Reporting to the Program Director, Childbirth and Childrens Programs, the Clinical Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of Children’s Services including inpatient and outpatient pediatrics and a level 2 NICU. The Clinical Manager is accountable for operational and clinical excellence in the program while ensuring outstanding patient and family experience. The Clinical Manager is the front line manager for department staff and is responsible for ensuring excellence in patient care and efficient use of resources.
Together with the clinical leadership team, the manager will lead a high performing multidisciplinary care team and ensure a progressive and supportive work environment for staff. The clinical manager brings a high level of operational and management expertise to the children’s program.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Manage on a day to day basis the physical, financial and human resources in line with the mission, vision, values of GRH
• Promote professional growth within the multidisciplinary care team and ensure clinical and regulatory compliance by supporting collaborative inter-professional practice
• Strive for excellence by ensuring compliance with required Health & Safety, environmental and other legislative requirements and drive forward the program’s quality agenda
• Member in good standing of a regulated health profession or professional college where appropriate.
• Masters degree in relevant field preferred (or in progress)
• Demonstrated leadership and organizational abilities with a strong patient/family centred care focus
• Highly effective interpersonal and communication (spoken and written) skills with demonstrated ability to achieve managed outcomes. Proven ability to facilitate the timely resolution of patient and family issues in collaboration with the team
• Good understanding of professional practice standards
• Knowledge of applicable legislation and regulations, related both to employment law and areas of functional responsibility