Temporary Full Time ESP Business Systems Analyst
Until approximately August 19, 2019
HOURS OF WORK:
Monday – Friday
7.5 Hour Shifts
The ESP Business Systems Analyst is responsible for operationalizing the HRIS systems’ strategic plan, with specific focus on the ESP (Kronos) system, including analysis and where applicable, the implementation of ESP – Self Service.
The ESP Business Systems Analyst liaises with the HRIS Analyst, Human Resources, Payroll and IS specifically for ESP functionality. The position builds and maintains business, scheduling and pay code rules as required. The Analyst will provide the first level of troubleshooting for ESP - Self Service issues, support upgrades and is a contact for the vendor with respect to ESP – Self Service and business and scheduling rules.
The incumbent is responsible for developing and maintaining effective ESP procedures and reference documentation (including user training manuals for ESP – Self Service) to ensure users are provided with a comprehensive understanding of how to utilize the system. Furthermore, this position will provide training and support staff on the effective use of ESP as required.
As the system subject matter expert, the incumbent will support stakeholders with report writing, designing and producing regular and ad hoc reports and investigating and resolving related challenges and other assignments such as building internal audit reports.
In addition, this position provides general support to decentralized schedulers on all matters related to scheduling. Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree or college diploma in an I.S. related discipline (university degree preferred).
• A minimum of two years of recent work experience in supporting system applications, databases and reporting or equivalent experience.
• Experience using a scheduling software system such as ESP.
• Experience with producing and analyzing a variety of reports.
• Experience using Crystal report writing and SQL is preferred.
• Knowledge of payroll administration an asset.
• Project management experience an asset.
• Experience working in a complex multi-unionized environment along with having scheduling experience would be an asset, preferably within the health care sector.
• A proven track record with building and maintaining cross-functional relationships is a necessity along with excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently on on-going assignments.
• Requires significant computer skills and expertise in various data management and report writing technologies and practices.
• Excellent organizational, prioritization and problem-solving abilities