Temporary Full Time Network Systems Analyst
Until approximately April 1, 2020
HOURS OF WORK:
Days- 7.5 Hour Shifts
The Network Systems Analyst works collaboratively with peer analysts to provide technical support for the GRH wired and wireless network. This position also maintains I.T. hardware, software, infrastructure and resources to support the delivery of exceptional care.
• Liaise with vendor support personnel as necessary to resolve problems
• Develop and maintain systems documentation and procedures
• Ensure network systems integrity, performance, security and availability (including Disaster recovery)
• Implement, maintain and support remote connectivity for external sites, vendors and clients
• Participate in RFP / RFQ procurement processes
• Lead IS projects and participate in corporate projects as required.
• Maintain and support internal and external data, network and systems security
• Maintenance of data closets at all sites
• Coordinate vendor activities related to network and cabling installations.
• Work collaboratively with Telecommunications Analysts and provide backup for this role
• University Degree in a computer related field or 2 year College Diploma in a computer related field or equivalent relevant experience.
• Minimum three years relevant work experience
• Experience in Client Server and Server Based Computing environments which includes Microsoft Windows Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange
• Thorough working knowledge of TCP/IP, LANs, WANs, VLANS.
• Thorough working knowledge of network and telephony cabling.
• Knowledge of Avaya or Cisco Routers/Switches and Checkpoint Firewall
• VMWare experience is an asset.
• Experience supporting end users from an application’s and device standpoint
• Network+, Cisco CCNA or similar certification an asset
• Related experience in a hospital environment is preferred
• This position will participate in an on call rotation
• Excellent inter-personal and communicative skills
• Ability to work unsupervised and within a team environment
• Well organized and self-motivated
• Ability to adapt to change and prioritize accordingly in a fast-paced environment
• Must have reliable means of transportation to travel between hospital sites