POSITION: Temporary Full Time Systems Analyst
Until approximately April 1, 2020
HOURS OF WORK:
Monday to Friday, Days- 7.5 Hour Shifts
Reporting to the Manager, Technology and Telecommunications, the Systems Analyst’s role is to works collaboratively with peer analysts to manage the GRH data centers and technology infrastructure. Technologies include both physical and virtual servers, SAN Storage, Active Directory, DNS, MS Exchange, Connexall Middleware and the Citrix XenApp environment. This position also leads and participates in technology solution implementations and as a technical resource on corporate project teams to support the delivery of exceptional care.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
• Planning and implementation of technology and application solutions to support both corporate and clinical users.
• Liaise with vendor support personnel as necessary to resolve problems
• Develop and maintain systems documentation and procedures
• Ensure system integrity, performance, security and availability (including Disaster recovery) of technologies hosted in GRH data centers.
• Participate in community and regional initiatives
• Participate in RFP / RFQ procurement processes.
• Lead IS projects and participate in corporate projects as required.
• Work collaboratively with the GRH IS Security program to ensure that all technology solutions at GRH align with security best practices.
• Coordinate vendor activities related to system maintenance and installations.
• Work collaboratively with Information Services technical and clinical analysts.
• University Degree in a computer related field or 2 year College Diploma in a computer related field or equivalent relevant experience
• Minimum five years relevant work experience.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Exchange and Active Directory, DNS and DHCP.
• Active Directory Group Policy experience
• Experienced in the management of both physical and Virtual Servers and SAN Storage. Preference for candidates with VMWare knowledge and experience.
• Strong knowledge of BES and MDM technologies.
• Experience with Linux or Unix is an asset.
• Ability to work independently without intensive oversight
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Emphasis on sharing of knowledge through good communications and written documentation
• Hands-on software and hardware troubleshooting experience.
• Experience documenting and maintaining configuration and process information.
• Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
• Healthcare experience considered an asset.
• Good attendance record
• This position will participate in an on call rotation.