Part-Time Environmental Services Assistant
HOURS OF WORK:
7.5 hour shifts
1000 – 1800
Activities include wet and dry mopping, wall washing, changing cubicle drapes, laundry and garbage collection, washroom cleaning, equipment cleaning and other duties as assigned. Individuals will also be trained to do discharge and isolation cleaning of patient rooms. Contributes to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
• Able to work quickly and accurately in an organized fashion.
• Able to perform duties efficiently with limited supervision.
• Aware of proper cleaning procedures.
• Able to deal tactfully with employees and patients.
• Moderate to heavy lifting is required.
• Previous experience in a janitorial / housekeeping position is preferred. Institutional experience is an asset.
• Good attendance record