Part Time Pharmacy Technician, Inpatient Pharmacy Services
HOURS OF WORK:
7.5 Hour Shifts
The Pharmacy Technician accurately dispenses and compounds medication, using pharmaceutical calculations. This position requires the preparation of aseptic IV admixtures, chemotherapy agents and other sterile dosage forms. The Pharmacy Technician may also be required to interpret and enter prescription information into the computer system in order to generate profiles and medication labels. The successful candidate must be knowledgeable about pharmacy regulations and issues relating to staff and patient safety within the work environment, as pharmacy technicians contribute to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
• Pharmacy Technician Diploma from an Accredited 2 year Program required.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• Two years Pharmacy experience required.
• Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to work in an independent and cooperative manner.
• Working knowledge of hospital pharmacy computer systems is an asset.
• Working knowledge of aseptic IV preparation and chemotherapeutic agents would be an asset
• Proof of Regulation with Ontario College of Pharmacists is required.
• Good attendance record.